To have full knowledge about Bitcoin, the user must not only know how to convert and use it. The user must also know the life-changing facts about the famous cryptocurrency.
The statistics compiled below are not the kind of thing that a quick Google search can find. These are results of many hours consumed exploring through all the data out there, looking for the most useful stats.
It is an exciting new world in the cryptocurrency sphere. You have the chance to get in at the ground level and make a real difference in the development of companies. Companies raise funds by selling their tokens or forms of cryptocurrencies.
In the cryptocurrency sphere, it is a fascinating and exciting new world. One will have the chance to get in at the ground level then make a real difference in the development of the companies. Companies that raise funds via means of selling their token or form of cryptocurrencies also benefit from the cryptocurrency.
Bitcoin, cryptocurrencies, and others. Ignore for a moment what you think you know and study about the real truth below.
- Satoshi Nakamoto is a fictitious name of the Bitcoin creator or creators.
- As of January 3, 2018, Nakamoto already owns $16.5B in Bitcoins.
- In the year 2015, Satoshi Nakamoto was nominated for a Nobel Prize in Economic Sciences
4. No single entity or government had controlled the Bitcoin cryptocurrency.
5. As of January in 2018, around 16.7M BTC are in Circulation, its maximum can reach up to 21 M.
6. About 1000 people own 40% of the total BTC in Circulation.
7. March 2015 to February 2017, the Bitcoin transaction fees reach up to 1289%
8. 69% of banks have participated in the Infosys surveys are experimenting with blockchain permissions.
9. Bitcoin market cap is 253B as of January 2018
10. 64% of Bitcoins have never been used and might never be used
11. Blockchain, a Bitcoin wallet raised $40M from Google Ventures and Richard Branson.
12. Blockchain, Bitpay and Coinstream are three big bitcoin startups.
13. FBI has made $48M in 2013 by selling on auction once seized 144,000 Bitcoins.
14. Blockchain ledger technology can save $8-12B when used by top 10 investment banks.
15. In 2015, the USA only had 802 citizens that filed taxes on Bitcoin income.
16. Mt. Goz in 2014 and Bithumb in 2017 are two big Bitcoin exchanges that have been hacked.
17. SatoshiDice is the first significant Bitcoin acquisition with 126,315 Bitcoins in the year 2013.
18. Nakowa has won 11,000 BTC on a gambling site (having a net worth of $1.3M in 2013 as of January 2018, it is already $165M)
19. Chinese Mining Pools control approximately 81% of the Bitcoin network’s collective hashrate.
20. Antpool – Chinese mining pool has mined around 20% of all blocks between the year 2016 – 2017
21. Bitcoin Pizza Day – on May 22, 2010, two pizzas cost 10K bitcoins.
22. As of 2018, Bitcoin on Github has 24k stargazers and over 13.8k forks.
23. Bitcoin transactions are measured in Satoshi/byte. 1 SATOSHI= 0.00000001 BITCOIN.
24. WALLET LOST = Losing Bitcoins Forever! James Howell has lost 7,500 Bitcoins by throwing his hard drive amounting to £4M.
25. Number of Bitcoins rewarded for mining halves every four years. After 64 Halvings, all 21M Bitcoins will be in Circulation.
26. A new block of coins is “solved” every 10 minutes.
27. All Bitcoin transaction data is transparent and can also be seen on Blockchain
28. SHA256 is a cryptographic hash function that is used in Bitcoin address creation.
29. 4000 Bitcoin was donated to Wikileaks in Nov 2016. By September 2017, it reached to around 4024 BTC.
30. Bitcoin network is more powerful than 500 supercomputers put together.
Want more life changing facts about bitcoin? Keep visiting https://cryptonetwork.news/ for updates.