PALO ALTO, Calif., May 20, 2021 /PRNewswire/ — The most prominent figures from the cryptocurrency world will play in a charity chess tournament.
The chess tournament which is powered by Coinbase, will donate a $25,000 prize fund to charity foundations determined by each participant. The donations will be presented entirely in cryptocurrency.
Cryptocurrency investor, two-time Grammy-nominated artist, and famous YouTube streamer Logic will play with Daryl Morey of the Philadelphia 76ers, Anthony Pompliano of “The Pomp Podcast,” Shark Tank South Africa investor and SiliconCape founder Vinny Lingham and other cryptocurrency enthusiasts in a two-day charity chess tournament.
“CryptoChamps is about bringing together talented individuals who share an interest in chess,” mentioned Chief Chess Officer Danny Rensch.
“We hope to promote the game while creating a fun, inclusive opportunity through a competitive, charity-driven tournament format.”
Participants will face each other in games where the material is balanced. Players will have two games each; one with the light pieces and one with the dark. The game will have a time control of 10 minutes plus five additional seconds per move. Each player can follow the action live at Chess.com/TV and Chess.com/Events starting at 10 am PT/1 pm ET June 12-13th.
Here’s a list of the confirmed players:
Benjamin Cowen of “Into the Cryptoverse” provides long-term crypto trends analysis for more than 400,000 YouTube subscribers.
- Kain Warwick, the founder of Synthetix, a synthetic asset issuance platform built on Ethereum and one of the most significant ecosystems in decentralized finance.
- Ben Forman, founder, and managing partner of ParaFi, a San Francisco-based alternative investment firm focused on blockchain and decentralized finance markets.
- Meltem Demirors, an MIT and Oxford professor and founding member and co-chair of the World Economic Forum Cryptocurrency Council. She is also the Chief Strategy Officer of CoinShares, a digital asset investment firm.
- Peter McCormack, host of “What Bitcoin Did” and Defiance podcasts and Defiance TV, and longtime crypto investor.
- Jing Wang, co-founder and CEO of Optimism PBC, is building the Optimistic Ethereum Network, a self-described “bullet chess aficionado.”
- Matt Huang, co-founder of Paradigm, a crypto asset investment firm that manages billions of dollars in assets.
- Kevin Owocki, a software engineer and web entrepreneur who is “slinging Ethereum/Solidity code at Gitcoin,” was his 5th-grade chess champion.
- Tekin Salimi, General Partner at Polychain Capital, an actively managed investment firm for blockchain assets.
- Robert Leshner, founder of Compound, an algorithmic, autonomous interest rate protocol.
“It’s all about entertainment, fun and charity,” stated Laura Nystrom, public relations manager at Chess.com.
“We hope the enthusiasm will draw tens of thousands of new eyeballs to chess entertainment from around the world.”
Public Relations Manager
📣 Cryptonetwork.News is now on Telegram. Please click here to join our channel and stay updated with the latest Cryptocurrency, Blockchain, and Cryptomining headlines.